It's early morning, and you've already got a hankering for something sugary from The Enchanted Bakery down the street. You're not even sure if they're open yet, but the oh-so-tempting thought of colorful cupcakes and fruit tarts is getting in the way of your common sense. As you finally arrive at the bakery's storefront, you hear a shriek from inside and barge your way in without a second thought! Poor Lottie is trembling in the doorway of the kitchen, holding onto a very burnt cherry pie. Tears are starting to bubble up in her eyes, and she looks like she could burst any second. Behind the thick cloud of smoke in the kitchen, you spot various piles of soot, which you can only assume are the ghosts of pastries that could have been. The bitter smell of scorched sugar lingering in the air confirms your assumption. However, amongst the wreckage, you spot an intricate pink cake, topped with delicate buttercream roses.
"I-I got so caught up in this wedding cake that I forgot to set the timer for the ovens! Everything is ruined," she squeaks pitifully. "Oh goodness... what am I gonna do?! The shop is due to open in an hour!" She wipes a tear from her eye, and looks at you expectantly from behind her paw. "Hey sugar... you can follow a recipe... can't you?"
This month's theme is: PIE!
Apple, pumpkin, cherry, blueberry, oh my! The possibilities with pies are truly limitless! There's truly something for everyone, whether it's fruit pies, chocolate pies, custard pies, etc. Choose your base:whether it be cookie crust or a classic shortening crust, then spoon in your favorite pie filling! Feel free to use canned fillings and pre-made pie crust, so long as you're making some effort to put them together!
BONUS: Fillings aren't the only versatile aspect of pies! You can also make intricate designs and decorations with the crust. From lattices to cut-outs, decorate your pie for a paycheck bonus.
Once you complete this activity you will receive the following:
+ 1,000 additional crumbs for completing the month's BONUS
• You can enter once per month!
• All activities submissions must be completed by the member submitting the activity
• PLEASE pay attention to the description for each month! It will detail what is REQUIRED for a submission to count. E.G. what needs to be made by hand or homemade!
• All entries must be submitted through the Strudel-Cafe website to count for rewards. You will receive a notification if your entry is accepted, and rewards will be added automatically.
• If you aren't 18+, make sure to get your parent's permission and assistance for this activity!
• Please don't cheat and post pictures from Google, or store-bought desserts! We reserve the right to question photos.
• A minimum of four photos are required! One ingredients, at least one progress shot (more are welcome), one shot of the goods being baked, and one finished picture.
• Include a piece of paper with your username on it in the frame with your ingredients and final product photos! This is not required during the progress photo step.
• You may do this activity with friends but your images must be different with different end results. For example, you both make one cookie dough base, but one of you adds sprinkles and the other adds chocolate chips.
• If your recipe doesn't turn out, don't worry! You'll still get your paycheck. All you have to do is try!
• You must complete the main activity before submitting your paycheck bonus.
• Activity is due at 11:59PM on the day prior to monthly rollover! (Rollover is the first Saturday of each month!)
Upload a photo of your ingredient lineup!
Upload a photo preparing your ingredients!
Upload a photo cooking (or processing for non-cooked dishes) your recipe!
Upload a photo of the final product!
(Optional) Upload a photo that portrays the requirements listed under "bonus" for this month to gain additional rewards!
No pending activities in queue