- By owning a Midveiler and participating in the community, it is your responsibility to read up on the Midveil Terms of Service.
- For information on trading guidelines and ownership rights, please refer to the Terms of Service.
Interacting with the Community
- Be kind and respectful to your fellow members! This means no whining, guilt-tripping, or aggressive comments. Please remember you are in a public space, and keep oversharing to a minimum.
- If you're having group-related issues with another member of the group, please don't try to resolve it on your own. You can submit a ticket! This goes for theft, bad behavior, etc, occurring within the group. Mods are not responsible for settling personal conflicts. Likewise, we do not hold any power over what members choose to do outside of our group.
- We have a broad member base, and everyone has a right to be here! Please do not bring personal disputes and falling outs to the mods unless a Strudel Cafe rule or guideline has been broken.
- Please respect the mods. Posting guilt-tripping comments regarding activities or banking, or lashing out when reprimanded is prohibited. The mods are simply doing their job to keep the group a safe and positive place. Don't forget that they're people too! If you take issues with a staff member's actions, please submit a ticket at our Support Desk.
- Do not share NSFW art or SFW depictions of fetish material within our community. This community is meant to be a safe place for everyone. Mild violence and "candy gore" is permitted, but please keep in mind that this group is considered PG-13!
- You are free to take commissions, make YCHs (your-character-here), and F2U (free-to-use) bases. Please do not make P2U (pay-to-use) bases.
- Please be courteous and ask for permission before drawing someone's Midveiler! You can also check the masterlist to see if they welcome gift art or not. This can be changed at any time on your Midveiler's masterlist entry.
- You can take art commissions for in-game currencies (barnacles, crumbs). Mods are not responsible for off-site trades. Please take commissions at your own risk.
- In-game currency (crumbs, barnacles), items, and pets can be traded for Midveil goods, and Midveilers.
- In-game currency, items, and pets may be traded for non-Midveil goods, so long as the other groups Terms of Service allows it. Mods are not responsible for monitoring off-site trades, so please trade at your own risk.
- Midveilers may only be sold for the value listed on their masterlist pages. Selling designs for more than what you paid for them is expressly forbidden. If you would like to add value to your Midveiler, you will need to get it officially appraised.
- MYO slots can be resold for the price listed in their masterlist entry. Traded or gifted slots cannot be resold.
- You cannot sell in-game items or currency for USD or other currencies (DA points, etc).
- Once a Midveiler is voided, it is exempt from the game forever. Please be cautious when trading, and always check the masterlist. We will not unvoid Midveilers under any circumstances.
- The masterlist is the only valid proof of ownership. Trades must be submitted via the Midveiler's masterlist entry. These rules are here to protect you from potential scamming.
- For small offenses you will be given a warning, and instruction to re-read the rules and Terms of Service. Warnings are not marks on your account, but rather gentle reminders.
- For repeated rule-breaking you may receive a strike which could result in a temporary ban or trade ban depending on the severity of the offense.
- The strike system may not apply if the action is severe enough. Knowingly exploiting a bug for personal gain, abusive language, scamming, or otherwise threatening the safety of our community will result in an immediate ban.
- Claiming ignorance to the Terms of Service is not means for defense. All users must agree to the Terms of Service when signing up and it is your responsibility to read the rules thoroughly.
- If receiving a temporary ban, your account will be frozen for a two week period. During this time you will not be able to participate in activities or access your account. After the two week period is up, you will be able to access your account again. However, if the rules are broken again during this time or after your ban has been lifted, you will be subject to a permanent ban.
- If receiving a permanent ban, website access will be removed and all active characters will be permanently voided from use in the group. We will never revoke a character from your possession; all voided characters will be regarded as a one-off design and not an official Midveiler.
- Creating another account to get around your ban is against our Terms of Service.
- Bans are issued by the Strudel Cafe team. You will be provided with a description of the incidents leading up to the event. If you believe you are being banned unfairly, you are free to dispute your case. However, this is not a guarantee that the ban will be revoked.
- Please respect the Strudel Cafe team when interacting with them. They're just doing their job of upholding the rules.
If you are at all confused by anything listed above, you can reach out to a community volunteer using our Mod Directory. If you have concerns regarding any of your fellow members, please submit a Support Ticket.
Last Updated: 07/14/22