Strudels are a closed species, created by loppyrae! They are tiny faery folk with a big appetites for adventure (and of course, anything edible!) These little creatures live in a parallel dimension to our world, and are said to bless the kitchens of their hosts if only they are provided something sweet in exchange. They take up residence in the unused sections of homes, including underneath floorboards, in dark corners of the attic, etc.
Can I join if I don't own a strudel yet? Absolutely! Everyone is free regardless of if they own a design or not. If you wish to participate in games, events, etc, you can use any of our NPCs, including our semi-customizable mascot, Sugar Cube! Sugar's bangs, ears, chest marking, and hood can be customized to your likings! She can be used to participate in any activity to collect crumbs (our group's currency). If she doesn't suit your taste, feel free to borrow a friend's or use any of our other existing NPCs! Some activities don't even require a strudel to participate at all, such as our kitchen challenges and scavenger hunts!
Can I design my own strudel? Strudels are a closed species! This means that you unfortunately cannot make your own without a MYO slot. To purchase a MYO slot, keep and eye on loppyrae's journals for MYO openings. If you don't have access to PayPal or simply can't afford to spend money on a design, you can use our group currency to purchase MYO slots during opening! These slots will be restocked as needed. You can earn crumbs by participating in events, activities, and even taking commissions from other users!
Before getting started, check out our library below for all the important information you need to get acquainted to the group!
The links above contain all the information you need to get started in the group!
Still confused? Note the group with any questions you have for us!
- By owning a Midveiler and participating in the community, it is your responsibility to read up on the Midveil Terms of Service.
- For information on trading guidelines and ownership rights, please refer to the Terms of Service.
Interacting with the Community
- Be kind and respectful to your fellow members! This means no whining, guilt-tripping, or aggressive comments.
- If you're having group-related issues with another member of the group, please don't try to resolve it on your own. Note one of the admins and we will be happy to resolve it! This goes for theft, bad behavior, etc, occurring within the group. Mods are not responsible for settling personal conflicts.
- Do not disrespect the mods! Posting guilt-tripping comments regarding activities or banking, or lashing out when reprimanded is prohibited. The mods are simply doing their job to keep the group a safe and positive place. Don't forget that they're people too!
- If you're uncomfortable contacting a mod for any reason, you can write in a suggestion to our anonymous suggestion box. This service is 100% anonymous, and will be sent directly to Loppy's e-mail for review. If you'd like a response to your suggestion, please leave us a throwaway e-mail to continue discussion! However, this is not necessary! We review suggestions at least once a week!
- Submit art to the correct folders! Just do your best! If you are unsure what goes where, message us and we'll help.
- Please don't post NSFW art to the group! This community is meant to be a safe place for everyone. Mild violence, candy gore, etc, is permitted, but drawing sexually explicit art is absolutely prohibited. This group is considered PG-13!
- You are free to makes YCHs and F2U bases as well as taking commisions, but please do not make P2U bases!
- Please be courteous and ask for permission before drawing someone's Midveiler! You can also check the masterlist to see if they welcome gift art or not. This can be changed at any time on your Midveiler's masterlist entry.
- You can take midveil-related commissions for crumbs! We do not permit crumbs to be exchanged for non-midveil art or adoptables, and will not be responsible in the case that the exchange goes wrong.
- Crumbs, items, and pets can be exchanged for Midveil goods only! This means you cannot trade them in exchange for characters, adopts, ARPG items from other groups, etc! This rule is here to keep you safe when conducting transfers!
- Pre-made Midveil characters may be resold for crumbs. USD sales will still require an appraisal. MYO slots cannot be resold for crumbs or USD.
- You cannot sell in-game items or crumbs for USD or other currencies (DA points, etc).
- For small offenses you will be given a warning, and instruction to re-read the rules and Terms of Service.
- Depending on the severity of the offense you may be given a strike, or a temporary ban if it involves cheating or scamming.
- The strike system may not apply if the action is severe enough. Sending death threats, harassing, etc, will result in an immediate ban.
- Claiming ignorance to the Terms of Service is not means for defense. You will still be held accountable to the rules of the group.
- If receiving a temp ban, your active characters will be temporarily voided. Your website access will be removed, and you will not be permitted to participate in any activities. If the two week ban passes without further incident, you will be welcomed back within the group. However, if the rules are broken again during this time or after your ban has been lifted, you will be subject to a permanent banning.
- If receiving a permanent ban, all active characters will be permanently voided from use in the group. Website access will be removed, as well as a block applied to your account on the group page and masterlist.
- Bans are issued by administrators. You will be provided with a description of the incidents leading up to the event. If you believe you are being banned unfairly, you are free to dispute your case. However, this is not a guarantee that the ban will be revoked.
- Please respect the mods and administrators! They're simply doing their jobs in upholding the rules.
If you are at all confused by anything listed above, or have concerns regarding any of your fellow members, feel free to refer to the Staff Directory to see who is best fit to deal with your particular issue! If all else fails, feel free to use the anonymous suggestion box!